Last December 21, BDO and SM City Telabastagan held the last and third leg of the Pamaskong Handog – a Christmas treat for BDO Kabayan Savings account holders. The earlier legs were held in Davao and Cebu. Since 2012, BDO holds this event as a tribute to all their Kabayan clients. According to Ms. Ginie Gloria, SVP and Head of Remittance BDO, this is their partnership event with SM Malls that turned into an institution. Mr. Jonjon San Agustin, SVP Marketing SM Supermalls, had thanked Ms. Ginie of BDO in choosing SM Malls as a venue for their event. Their shared goal of bringing convenience to mall-goers are surely delivered as SM Malls are mostly the go-to destinations of families and friends. Other milestones of this BDO’s program are grassroots marketing activities at the barangay level to encourage overseas remittance recipients to open a bank account and reaching out to other sectors and educate them on financial literacy.
The Pamaskong Handog in SM City Telabastagan feature celebrities Ogie Alcasid, Kim Chiu and Xian Lim. Also included are comedians Ate Gay, and MC & Lassy. Another guest is Donita Nose, one of the mainstays of Wowowin.
Are you a Kabayan account cardholder? SM Malls have exclusive discounts and are applicable in SM stores and SM Hypermarkets. Look out for announcements in BDO Social media pages.
- Kabayan Savings Account is a savings account where overseas Filipinos can send cash to their loved ones in realtime.
- To open an account, simply go to any BDO Branch, fill out forms and bring one (1) valid ID and Php100.00 for opening balance.
- This is a zero-balance maintaining account. For two years of now remittance activities, the Kabayan account will be turned as a savings account.
- More secured savings account
- Real-time transfer
- Less temptation to spend cash
- For Php25,000 savings and 6 overseas remittance activities in 24 months, the account is covered with Life and Accident Insurance.
- Earning of BDO rewards – accumulated points can be used in SM purchases.
- BDO branches inside malls are open until after regular office hours
- Other branches are open on the weekends.
Hurry and visit the nearest BDO branch and open your own Kabayan account!